Running a WordPress site on an apache server running on Linux UBUNTU behind HAPROXY.
I was using the WordPress plugin WP Mail SMTP, the pluging was unable to send email via SMTP : 465 (SSL/TLS), due to “a certificate problem”.
My servers are all (apache, SMTP…) running locally with a self signed certificate.
I was placing all the certificates (server and Certification authority) inside /etc/ssl/certs.
Tools used :
- WordPress with plugin WP Mail SMTP
The settings :
Put the certificate *.crt obtained from the CA authority in /usr/local/share/ca-certificates (root:root permission 640)
Run the command: sudo update-ca-certificates
- place a symbolic link of the .crt inside /etc/ssl/certs
- append the certificate at the end of the file /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt
Put the certificate *.crt files self signed by the CA authority in /etc/ssl/certs (root:root permission 640)
Put the private key *.key files in /etc/ssl/private/ (Owner root:ssl-cert permissions 640)
- Good practice for Certificate (site and Certification Authority)
- Shared port 443 OpenVPN and multiple websites
- PfSense appliance + Suricata + AbuseIPdB
Let’s keep contact
Vincent EUDIER is a 15 years experience Energy Project / Program Manager with strong emphasis on development,